Sunday, February 8, 2009

Orphans & Potato Chips


Did you know there are over 4 million orphans worldwide?! I have also read that if 1 out of every 7 Christians across the globe adopted just one child, there would be NONE!

What an amazing fact! Well, that makes about 25 people in our church. I really have to get on that. Look out my friends at Grace Bible Chapel. LOL But when you really think about it, we are called to care for them according to James 1:27. Now if you are like Eric and I when you get to the place where you adopt one, you will not be able to stop. I have a saying... Adoption is like eating potato chips. You can't have just one. You'll want the whole bag. 

I am slowly filling my bag with the potato chips of life. And boy is it good! God is so good. 

Tonight I am home without Julianna because i have to have some oral surgery tomorrow so my great family stepped in to take her for the night. But as i sit here and miss her terribly...and i do mean terribly...all i can think of is how special she is to me. How having her in my life has changed me. How loving Julianna is the best gift God has given me apart from my salvation and my husband of course. If i for a moment had not heard his calling toward adoption i might have missed it. I might have missed out on missing her tonight. I can't imagine the pain of that. 

I am so glad i listened.... Are you listening? 

I love the words to this song by Steven Curtis Chapman. I had it on repeat all the way to Siberia in 2006...
"I saw the face of Jesus, in a little orphan girl.
She was standing in a corner on the other side of the world. 
And I heard the voice of Jesus, gently whisper to my heart.
Didn't you say you wanted to find me. Well here I am. Here you are.
So, what now? What will you do, now that you found me?
What now? What will you do with this treasure you've found?"
Here is the Link if you would like to listen...

Thank you Father for my Julianna, what a magnificent gift she is to me and my soul!

No comments: