Friday, January 30, 2009

Why we are Adopting from Africa...


I found this video. I need to share it. It reminds me of one of the verses that is so important to me. Isaiah 1:17. I know i have shared this verse before, but of course with my life it always is on my heart and keeps applying itself in my life. It goes like this..."Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans. Fight for the rights of widows." (the video link is at the bottom of this post)

We have a sponsor child in Ethiopia through World Vision. His name is 
Habtamu. He and his family have a chance because World Vision is there and we are sponsoring him monthly. If you go on their site you will see all the wonderful things they are doing all over the world. 

In fact, when we travel to ET to bring Elias home we will get the chance to meet and spend the day with him and his family!!!! Wow, that is going to be an amazing experience. This whole trip will be.

I am reminded of Habtamu and even more so of my little Elias when i watch this video. We are called by God to help those in need. And even if you do not believe in the God i treasure or think He is everything He is to me, when you see this video you will still understand where I am coming from.

I MUST WARN YOU THOUGH!!!! This VIDEO is NOT easy to watch! Be sure to watch the whole thing because it does have a happy ending. It is about this little boy below and his sisters. And they are pictured above with the man who made the movie as well. Make sure you take a good look at them today!!!! 

At first i thought it was terrible to show this, then came to realize that this is what humanity is all about. Sharing in each others sorrows and struggles and helping where we can, however we can. And look at these pictures and see these kids now. This is a reason to watch and cry. Then get up and make a difference!

These people made a difference. Adoption makes a difference in the life of a child. To think that this could be what became of Elias, or Habtamu. I love them both so much. That thought makes me shudder with sadness. 

Today perhaps you can think of ways to that you can make a difference in the life of a child who has no hope. Some are big ways, some are small. But they all give HOPE. I am listing some organizations that we support in one way or another and hope that you might scan over them to see what they are doing for the cause of the oppressed.


Here is the video... PLEASE remember the WARNING...

No comments: