Thursday, March 12, 2009

Delays, Delays, Delays

Isn't that what adoption is all about?! Waiting?! Well, in case you aren't sure...it is. If you are looking to depend on God more in your life. Adopt! He is my strength today.

We discovered that there are 2 changes in the adoption process effective April 1st in Ethiopia. First, adoption agencies will no longer be given weekly consulate appointment days. Due to limited staff, each agency will get one day every other week to obtain visas for our children.
Second, the Consulate is also now going to require TB testing for all children prior to issuing a visa. This becomes effective March 23rd.

Both of these things could increase our wait to travel by 1 to 3 weeks.  

Our agency AWAA said that the announcement was just made several hours ago. So they need more time...potentially a week or two to understand the full impact for us.
 UGH!!!

But, it is His time. Not mine. So i look back to the verse in Habakuk 2:3...read the post on the waiting game. 

Someone posted this verse on our Yahoo group and i love it...
"Listen to me O Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I AM HE; I am the first and I am the last. My OWN HAND laid the foundations of the earth, and my right hand spread out the heavens." 
If i can trust anyone...it is He who did all that!

No comments: